Suitable AV Receiver to connect to Linn Power Amp

chrisgunn

Standard Member
Hello All

I currently have a Linn audio system which consists of a Genki CD going into a LK140 Power Amp into Linn Ninka speakers.

A basic system that has been great for years. The Genki has the advantage of having an internal Pre-amp which meant at the time I didn't need a separate Pre-Amp.

I now have a few AV items (Sky HD, Blu Ray etc) and wanted to put them through the Amp. As I would like to eventually go to a proper AV system, I felt it was silly buying a standard Pre-Amp as I would end up replacing it down the line with an AV receiver.

So my thoughts were to buy a sub-£500 AV receiver that could connect into my LK140 power amp via a pre-out (or similar). IE. Create a stereo system that all my boxes connect into...

Then I found that some of the AV receivers don't have Pre-Outs and some that do, won't allow the items connected to the AV receiver by HDMI to play through the pre-out in stereo.

I'm going to be honest I am now confused / frustrated and wondered if anyone could advise me. By the way two of the AV receivers I was considering were the Denon 1912 and the Pioneer VSX921.

Help please?

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom