• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Suitability of receiver for Kef 5005.2's

J

jonny v

Hi Everyone,
I am currently running Tannoy F.X 6.1 speaker set through a Marantz SR4400 receiver. With a much needed upgrade on the cards for Feb next year to Kef 5005.2's, can anyone give me any advice on the suitability of the Marantz receiver with this speaker package ?:confused:

J

jackal

Hi, your receiver has a nominal power rating of 80W/pc, so it should drive the Kefs OK as they have good sensitivity and impedance. Things have moved on a little since 2004 but try it and see. You could always ask a dealer if they would be willing to let you hook up your amp to these speakers in a demo room.

J

jonny v

Thank you for the advice, I think I will stick with the Marantz for now as I could always upgrade at a later date.

Cheers Jon

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom