suggestions?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by papa_lazarou, Feb 1, 2009.

1. papa_lazarou

papa_lazarou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi all, a little help please if anybody has any suggestions.

I have just taken delivery of a new Sharp LC-46XL2E and it came with a Sharp Blu-Ray Player as well.

I was looking at getting a Home cinema package (am I right in thinking that if you get a home theatre system you don't need an amp)?? but i'm not sure whether I need another disk player? so I thought about a separate Amp/Receiver and speakers would be a better bet?

So can anybody recommend a decent set up. Ideally I would like the rear speakers to be wireless and the front and centre speakers to be wall mountable, any suggestions on where to look?

I have between £500 and £1000 at the absolute outside to spend including cables. The room is not too big at about 3x5 metres and the tv is going on the end narrow wall.

Thanks in advance.

Papa.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    Well the one I'm currently building up is the wharfedale 9.1av. It's well reviewed. £600 from avbristol. An amp that gets good reviews is the onko 606 which is about £380. £20 on some speaker cable from ebay and there you go that's a grand bang on!

Actually I've just noticed you said wireless and wall mountable so maybe my suggestion isn't much good. Sorry!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  3. papa_lazarou

papa_lazarou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've actually gone off the idea of wireless rear speakers now since i've found out they are pants!!

This leaves me looking for a 5.1 system with the front and centre speakers wall mountable (floating wall with the TV) and the rear speakers either wall mountable or floor standers.

Budget revised for the speakers and cable to around £400-£500