Suggestions wanted for new home cinema setup

rickyw100

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just brought our first house and am currently doing the research into buying a decent home cinema setup, just wanted to get some of the views from the guys on the forums to see what they thought the best receiver and speakers were currently.

Budget for the receiver £1200 roughly
Budget for speakers £1000

Would love to hear feedback on what you guys think, I've been weighing up whether to go for the Onkyo TXNR906 but obviously still doing the research and speaking to various people.

Thanks

I'd suggest the Yamaha RXV3900 and Monitor Audio Bronze BR5 AV package.

For the speakers to go with the Yamaha 3900 also look at the discounts around on the Monitor Audio silver range --- they're going for almost half price due to the Silver X series being released and Monitor Audio wanting to clear stocks of the old range via Authorised Dealers. You have to contact the dealers by phone to get these prices --- the websites will show the full prices.

The offer has been going for a little while now and for obvious reasons has prooved popular so stocks and choice of finishes are limited.

Here are a couple who are doing the discounts:

Silver RS Range

MONITOR AUDIO Hifi and AV at Hifix

Edit: Monitor Audio do a sub, but you don't have to use there's --- the sub forum would be a good place to get info --- I suspect you'd get one as good as the MA one for quite a bit less.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom