Suggestions to get some Sub bass in my DJ setup

bishbashboshdj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So at the moment I share my DJ setup with my house mate, we use my B&W speakers up top, and then we've got his KRK Rockit's under the table to provide a bit of sub.

Now he's moving out, so my sound is going to start to sound a bit empty when he takes his monitors with him.

So I'm looking for suggestions on what I can get to give me that sub. When I look at subs they all seem to be for home cinema (responsiveness and range will be lacklustre), or cars (overkill), and I'm looking for something quite budget.

Has anyone got any suggestions for what I can get to put there? I don't mind active, I think my amp could handle passive, but I need to make sure.

An enclosed car sub would be the best option on a budget IMO. I had an active Fli sub in my car before and it had gain and frequency range controls. Something like that should work well.

An enclosed car sub would be the best option on a budget IMO. I had an active Fli sub in my car before and it had gain and frequency range controls. Something like that should work well.

This is my other consideration.

I currently use some B&W DM550 speakers, which are hifi speakers from the early 90's (hand me downs from my uncle), and a Yamaha AX596 amp, so there's certainly scope to add a sub, and infact I'm currently watching a ASW608 B&W sub on eBay.

Fwiw I use a BK xls200 with the genelec 6020s in my studio. Works well.

It turned out my housemate (i think) had been playing with he settings, and made the sound really flat (i think he's irritated I didn't want his speakers too), i reckon making mine sound bad gave him an excuse to use his because he likes it really loud.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom