1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on where to put pw6 and m7s?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tim k, Dec 12, 2004.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awaiting delivery from AV Sales of my Pw6 package, the first photo shows the wall i intend to mount the screen onto, its a hollow plasterboard which ive bought special large metal anchor screws to fit. The side picture shows the depth of the wall leading to the balcony, i've been told the plasterboard should be about an inch thick and then onto concrete as its a brand new apartment. First of all can anyone confirm that drilling 3 inches into the plaster then attatching 6 anchors to the wall mount will be sufficient as i really dont want an mdf panel. I'm planning on hiding the wires, (just power and vga lead which is going to js tech box) so i need to hide them in the plasterboard too, whats the easiest way of making and hiding such big holes?

Secondly I would like some ideas of how to actually place the screen, should it be at eye level, the current setup feels very comfy, so id like the plasma to be quite low with the 3 speakers mounted below. Should the L/R and center all be at the same level? ie i cant have the center above? Also where should the very bulky mission sub be placed??

Attached Files:

2. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    apologies also for the photo resolution taken from my nokia, not great, but ive lost me card for my digital cam!

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone!!??

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. mike79

mike79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    not too sure re: fixing of the stand.... I am yet to consider that fun stuff!

Mounting it - try to keep it to eye level or you'll always be looking up at it and it won't be too comfy!

Sub - can be placed in a corner. there are quite a few suggestions on room layout in the likes of What Home Cinema etc each month....... I reckon you try to keep the fronts as close to the same hight as poss, although that is just me.............

6. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I would say that two inches is not a lot mate (contrary to what I tell the wife), if I remember my moments right, the weight of the plasma will be putting a hell of a lot of downward force on the bolts, and they will only have these two inches to counter the 30Kg+ that is sticking out further on the other side.

You might also have more look with this in the installation section of the forums

Cheers

Lawrenso