Suggestions on how to present footage

Waveform

Here's the situation;
We have two kids under 5 and a stack of mDV tapes (~18 hours) of them at parties, family gatherings etc but a lot of them just playing, eating, talking and generally just doing stuff. I am about to embark on a little project :eek: to use the footage to create a series of DVD for family and friends to "document" their lives to date.. here's the dilema - what's the best way to organise/present the materiel? eg by child as a timeline, as a comparison between the two, type of event????
I am hoping there's a few parents who have done the above and have some top tips/suggestions on how to approach it.

Thanks,
Pete

mistergoof

Novice Member
I am soon to start on the same task, with the same dilema.

My current thinking is to produce 2 types of DVD
1/ Comparison DVD. i.e. each child on 1st, 2nd ... bday + others
2/ Simple timeline, so that they can be seen together

Since I havn't started I don't know how much work that will be.

Anyone with some other views / experience

shoehorn

Well - it's a LOT of work, but worth it in the end (I hope)
I'm in the process of this and have completed about half of what I need to - "time-lining" my 2 children, but also creating separate DVD's of birthday's and holidays - great to watch with menu's - you just pick which birthday or holiday you want to watch!
Anyway this is how good editing can be:
my first tape (I bought the camcorder when the first one was born) was 62 mins worth of video.....
I edited it to less than 2 mins! :eek:
- it was amazing how much there was of us... and grandparents pushing a pram!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom