1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on HDMI DVD player for Tosh 46WM48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by maidstoneman30s, Dec 24, 2004.

1. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there all,
    Have read the plasma pages for months. Then a colleague bought the Sagem Axium. Since then have had a look at some DLP's at Comet and Curry's bar that feeds were all, less than satisfactory. Only the HiDef feeds seemed worth the trip.

Having now considered to buy a TOSH 46WM48 in the sales (hoping for massive bargain, well i can dream) I am also looking for two other Items.

1) Could you guys suggest some HDMI / DVDI DVD players, that are worth trying.
    2) Can any one suggest where I can get my XBOX chipped for HIDEF. I live in the north Kent area.

I would appreciate all you comments, including cables for the HDMI (DVD) and the XBOX cables.

Last but not least, I hope you all have a great X MAS and a happy new year, and all you guys with new TV sets, hope you have a great time watching over the holiday period :hiya:

2. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all - Merry Christmas.

I use this set with a Samsung 945 player with HDMI and its stunning. My 2nd option was the Denon 2905 but i did not need to swop it out :)

As for cables, i doubt you need to purchase an additional HDMI cable other than the one in the box with your dvd player. Unless you need a longer one of course :)

3. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Carl,
    Thanks for your info,
    Especially as I saw your pics and the setup and even on my crappy TFT laptop screen your images looked good. I.E. Star Wars on your Samsung DVD player.

Is the mrs happy with it???????

Im tryong to get some price info and release date for the 52" version, maybe get lucky and my mrs will let me have it. otherwise its a 46" from costco Lakeside

john