1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on EX Speaker kit for under say £1500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jatkinson, Sep 7, 2005.

1. jatkinson

jatkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've recently purchased a small apartment and feel it time to update my AV kit, first to go will be my 40" rear projection TV to be replaced with probably one of the Pioneer plasma's on the market.

My next change will be to my amp (Yamaha [5.1 & DTS]) and to my speakers which again I need to consider space saving.

I've only just started having a good look, so would appreciate any pointers, but it seems to me if I'm going to make the investment to seriously look at EX kit i.e. (amp and speakers). From purely a speakers point of view, and considering my budget of around £1500, can anyone suggest a suitable set/range of speakers that would suit 6.1 or 7.1 surround?

Cheers.

2. jatkinson

jatkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS. I did like the look and review of the Mordaunt-Short Premier Plus package, I assume if I wanted to go to 7.1 I could simply purchase additional speakers within this range? Or are sets like this not designed to 'change' from 5.1 to 6.1/7.1 ?

Cheers.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If your interest is primarily for films, have a look at the various offerings from M&K as they are highly regarded for home cinema but if you listen to a lot of music you may find them a bit too bright.

4. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Monitor Audio Radius?

5. jatkinson

jatkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll check them out. Yes, I am mainly interest in home cinema, with probably a setup more suited for music in a different room using existing Mission speakers as I'm not a big music buff.