1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on Closed Back Phones for Portable DVD

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mykaloon, Oct 20, 2005.

1. mykaloon

mykaloon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm looking to get 3 sets of closed back headphones for the kids to wear whilst watching their portable dvd player in the back of the car. I'd been looking at closed back to reduce any interference they may have in the car (traffic noise/me possibly playing some music at a low level) and also to restrict the noise which may come from the headphones whilst I'm driving.

I noticed play.com are offering a set of Sennheiser EH150 for £21.99 delivered which is the sort of price bracket I'm looking at - bearing in mind that I've to buy 3 sets. Another dilema I have is that I have 2 separate headphone outlets but need to connect 3 so was looking at a headphone splitter.

Does this still give me stereo sound to all 3 sets and are the pair sharing the outlet likely to suffer significantly. I noticed an amplified splitter called "Boostaroo" on ebay - dunno if this would be of any help.

Anyone got any advice to give me on this before I make my next move buying the headphones. Any experience of the EH150s and if they'd be suitable to play with the dvd player as I'd read that the HD202 which play.com have at £17.99 may suffer when connected to something of a relatively low output. Any other suggestions on headphones around the £20-£25 mark which must be closed and also comfortable for kids to wear over a long period.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mykaloon

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    The Senn HD201 are light, comfortable, closed and cheap; mine were around £14 delivered.

If you did not know the price you'd never put them in that price range.

Steve

3. mykaloon

mykaloon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got experience of the Sennheiser Eh150s or the HD201s?

Mykaloon

4. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151

Just look at how many people over at head-fi.org appreciate the HD201.

Steve

5. mykaloon

mykaloon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have joined the ranks of the Sennheiser HD201 owners club after reading quite a lot of positive remarks for a cheap (relatively) set of headphones.

Thanks for all who passed on their advice.

Mykaloon