• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Suggestions: Gallo micros or B&W MT20's

marty123

Hi everyone - i have done a lot of research on satellite speakers for use in a home cinema. And i think i have narrowed it down to 2 6.1 speaker packages. My aim is to find the best small speaker system for ~£1000. I had started with the following criteria: small, wall mountable, around this price, nice dsign and large sound. And hopefully this would allow me pick the right speaker for my Sony amp/reciever (which is not released yet!) I narrowed my choices down to Bose Acoustimass 15's, Mission M-Cubes, MS Genies, Gallo micros and B&W MT-20's.

I have had a lot of help from people on here (thanks Joe/Tom) and i think i have it narrowed down to Gallo Micros Home Theatre in a box for around £850.

I was really just wanting to find out there opinion on these (ie anyone who has heard them or has them or seen them all together)???

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Martyn

RonBurgundy

i have gallo micros with a gallo mps150 sub

the gallos sound great (better with more use)

cant speak for the others but dont think you would be disappointed.

Falp

I think the Gallo Micros at least the Ti version, are the only small design satellites I would consider for music along with the Adiva Ti... for movies they are amazingly good and with a very good dispersion... :thumbsup:

You may use other better and cheaper good Sub like BK, REL...

As for small speaker (near satellites) for that price I would consider the Monitor Audio R90 ou the QUAD L-ites.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom