Suggestions for which TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by removed, Dec 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. removed

removed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We currently use a Samsung 32" LCD TV with built in Dolby Digital Surround Sound and DTS. This has detachable speakers and ports for 2 side speakers, 1 centre speaker, two rear speakers and 1 subwoofer.

Ideally we would have liked the exact same model again, yet it appears this has been discontinued many years ago.

We would like to buy a similar TV at least the same size, with built in surround sound (like the above) at least 1 HDMI and 1 DVI (for PC use) and 1 SCART(RGB) It would also be helpful if it had at least 1 optical in for surround sound and 1 Coaxial (is that how it's spelt) in for surround as well (ideally three optical in and no coaxial)

Does anyone know of a TV with this sort of spec, I've been through as many TV manufacs as possible looking for one, the best sound I can seem to find is a Virtual Surround Sound.

I appreciate this isn't very clear or well documented as requested, however I'm a total n00b when it comes to this area.

:lease:

2. DD3

DD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    normal setup is you buy an av reciever for switching/processing sound and pictures to your display.

in this situation with all your sources fed through the av reciever you would not use the speakers of the tv at all. Even the built in dtv tuners on sets would normally output their audio to the reciever.

This leaves you free to choose the best suited display for your needs.