• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Suggestions for speakers suitable for Yamaha RX-V765

CEC

Standard Member
Hi there,

I need your expert advices! :D

In the process of building my little HT empire, I am looking for speakers to pair up with an old (2009) Yamaha RX-V765.

I am looking at Wharfedale's HT package with Diamond 10.0s at the moment. Ideally I want to have a pair of good front speakers as 70% of the time I will be using those only. I don't really care for the rear speakers, anything that is not ruining the other speakers will do for the rear :p.

My living room is small, so the listening position will be 2m from the front speakers, 0m (ya, the wall) from the rear speakers.

For the kind of music I listen, about 50% of them are classical instrumental music, 30% mild pop songs and the rest are just for movies & games.

Any suggestions/recommendations for the speakers in my setup?

Thank a lot!:smashin:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I would get some dipole/bipole rears since you are so close to them. Other speakers to look at would be the Monitor Audio BX range. What is your budget for this upgrade?
You really want the front 3 speakers to be the same make or model (ideally all 5 speakers should be the same make/model).

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Monitor Audio BX1/BX2 as fronts with matching centre and BXFX as rears with a BK Electronics sub would be a great system.

CEC

Standard Member
Nice!

I am looking at BK's sub now. Just curious (& no expertise in this area...) , any particular reasons that you've recommended theirs over the Monitor Audio's matching sub? :p

Any other recommendations that may suit me? I'd like to run an audition on all recommendations :D

PSM1

Distinguished Member
BK subs will be cheaper for the same performance compared to the MA ones. The MA ones are good subs but BK will offer better value for money. You could also look at the Focal 700 series.

CEC

Standard Member
How about Wharfedale's SW150 sub compared with the MA's BXW10 / BK's Gemini II? They (Wharfedale's sub) appeared to be very cheap though.... The only BK sub that will give me a price advantage is the Gemini II :)

Thanks a lot!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The Wharfedale sub is supposed to be quite good and you will probably not find better for the £150 that they have been sold at recently.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom