Suggestions for solar-powered security camera?

InvisibleDuncan

Having finally taken the plunge and bought a robot mower which will live outside, I'm thinking about getting a security camera for the back garden. Ideally I'd like one that:
  1. Is solar-powered
  2. Is fully waterproof
  3. Is motion-activated
  4. Has night vision
  5. Will allow me to view on my phone
  6. Can connect to an existing cloud-storage account (OneDrive or Google Drive) rather than having to pay for a separate cloud service.
Does anyone have any suggestions that might fill these needs? It seems to be point 6 that's my biggest stumbling block.

Thanks in advance....

Inked

Distinguished Member
Misses point six but has its own 8gb of storage onboard. I’ve found the eufy cams to be excellent quality

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Why solar powered ?
How good is the Wifi in the back garden at the position you are thinking of mounting it ?

InvisibleDuncan

Why solar powered ?
How good is the Wifi in the back garden at the position you are thinking of mounting it ?

So that I never have to worry about changing the batteries. Not for a while, at least. The wi-fi is good in the garden, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Misses point six but has its own 8gb of storage onboard. I’ve found the eufy cams to be excellent quality

Thanks. :) How much footage would the 8GB storage contain? Would I have to clear it down frequently?

Personally I wouldn't want to store any CCTV footage in the cloud.

Any particular reason? I'm not intending to be doing anything untoward.

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
My question was really regarding about not WiFi or battery . Always better to wire them if at all possible

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom