1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for my mate on a budget

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by woodster_x, Jul 29, 2005.

1. woodster_x

woodster_x
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a mate who wants to get a cheap 42inch plasma. He is not interested in trawling through reviews etc... Just wants to go and buy one.

His budget is about £1250 and he has said he was thinking of gettting the LGRZ 42PX11 from Comet for £1295.00.

Now I told him to wait and save a bit more but he is impatient. Would he be better off with the Panasonic TH-42PA50B-PED for £1274.01 from Digital Direct? or is there another budget plasma that would be worth looking at?

His main uses are DVD, PS2 and Freeview.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    I would suggest you tell your mate not to be so lazy! :)......get out there and look....or at least join here himself and do some research! He might also want to consider whether he is worried about Hi Def or not.

3. woodster_x

woodster_x
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) I agree totally, I am about to purchase a 37" PV500 myself after reading these forums for about 6 months, but he is more of a "I want a plasma, I'm going down the shop to buy one!" kinda guy.

I would just like to see him spend his money fairly wisely.

He is not interested in Hi Def, by the way.

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    I'm a panel plus components kinda guy :) so would always suggest the Panny PWD7 whihc is definitely budget these days but excellent none the less. Richer have them for £999 now and MAW is selling them through the forums and Av Sales always have good deals.