Suggestions for multi way, multi zone lighting wall mount switch panels?

SeanRo

Standard Member
Hello, I'm taking a break from my cinema build to complete a wood cabin/treehouse to be used as holiday accommodation. I'm just starting out on my [smart] lighting discovery journey and oh my - there is a lot to take in!

I'd ideally like simple wall mount switch panels that can handle multiple circuits, some in a multi way configuration (e.g. hall/landing) and am open to smart lighting or smart control of traditional lighting circuits. It's key that these panels are easy to use by visiting guests without an instruction manual or training, even if these systems can also be controlled by an app or voice!

The cabin will have a downstairs open space living/dining/kitchenette area with vaulted ceiling, a bathroom and bedroom, then spiral staircase to upstairs bedroom.

There are LED strip lights as well as mains LED bulbs to control. Dimming and the ability to control a circuit from 3 locations would be great. Open to soft panel or physical/touch switching

I'd be grateful for initial pointers to systems and manufacturers to look at. Bonus points if any configuration/programming can be done by my electrician or me (software developer)

Thank you.

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
As always 😀 I’m going to recommend Shelly modules with standard banks of light switches

You can then have light switches that work like normal light switches but also smart , also good for aesthetics.

Multi way is no problem and also have double click actions on particular switches that for example turn off all lights

Not complicated at all and can be setup with very little programming in a short time

SeanRo

Standard Member
Thanks Seb, the Shelly catalogue and platform looks impressive (even has an API). Have started on their 72 page catalogue - it mentions free cloud services - is there a free tier and then they have paid premium offerings?

The website dives straight into the devices - is there a section where they show example schematics, or do we rely on enthusiast sites like this TechAdvisor article?

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
There is no cloud premium service so just free service

Each product has schematics (wiring diagrams) on their website . All very simple but if you need help there is a good Facebook group or just drop me a message

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom