Suggestions for multi room

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by turtletom100, Apr 16, 2016.

1. turtletom100

turtletom100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

I am after a bit of advice, i am helping renovate a bungalow but the owner wants to have speakers in their downstairs bathroom, downstairs living room, upstairs bathroom and upstairs bedroom.

I myself own the denon avr-x2200w and am aware this has 2 zones but no more so have being looking for a receiver with 4 zones or more but no luck unless i get something like an opus. (But i am yet to find something suitable)

So I am toying with the idea off reccomending the owner to buy 2 of the denon receiver's and have one running 2 in ceiling speakers in the downstairs bathroom and a 5.1 setup in the front room. Then the other one installled upstairs in the bedroom and running a 5.1 in there then again 2 in ceiling speakers in the en suite bathroom.

The denon should be able to run the bathroom speakers using zone 2 and main speakers using zone 1. I am also pretty sure (although will need to have it confirmed or check myself) that zone 1 and zone 2 can be used simultaneously so when they have a gathering they can have background music being played in the bathroom aswell as the living room.

If this is the way to go is it possible to install a volume control in the wall for these receivers?
    Or is there a way to use a speaker switch from one receiver for all 4 rooms? I have never had to deal with this so any info or advice would be appreciated. Even suggestions. Thanks for reading

2. diver5

diver5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    What source will be playing on these speakers?

You'd probably be better off looking at 50V speaker systems rather than an AV amp.

3. turtletom100

turtletom100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cheers for the reply and in the front room will be sky hd and bluray player for definite, the bathroom will be music from a cd or radio and the same for the bedroom and en suite upstairs.

4. diver5

diver5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    50V system's will allow for easy local volume control in the wall, cheaper overall amp and the ability to use small gauge speaker cable on the long runs around in the house without detrimental effect.

5. turtletom100

turtletom100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have you got a link to a 50v system please i have never dealt with them.

Will a 50v amp run all 4 zones or will i still need 2?

Will it also allow surround sound for the downstairs living room? Not bothered about the atmos or dts x though.

6. diver5

diver5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    forget that its 100V speaker systems :laugh:
    Google and for volume control Google

7. diver5

diver5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    you'd probably be better with an AV amp to run the main room that has a zone 2 stereo output as pre-out. This could then be fed into the 100V amp.