1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for mp3's

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by aranel, Apr 4, 2005.

1. aranel

aranel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

New to these forums, so bear with me.

Now that my hearing is going, the wife has suggested buying some headphones so that the neighbours don't have to put up with my late night metal music.

I have ripped all my music to mp3 format to access over a wireless network, my kit consists of:

Sony vaio laptop
    Audigy 2 NX external soundcard - connected by IXOS optical cable to:
    Pioneer AX5i A/V amp

I'm guessing to some hardcore enthusiasts that the AX5i is not as good as a dedicated audio amp - however I still believe I can get great audio results from this.

I've been reading up on the Sennheiser HD595 and 650 Headphones, very impressive cans though I'm not sure they are for me, price being one consideration and mp3 encoding (mostly at 192k/s) the other (not as good quality as CD?!?!)

My preference in sound is a mid range (not too bassy or tingy).

Any suggestions chaps? Opinions appreciated.

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I thought but if you go for the better of the two you can use them for other things not just your mp3s. But if its just for mp3 go for the cheaper set. Like you said its not as good as CD so why spend so much money on it.

3. aranel

aranel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there

The 595's and 650 were examples of what I would like, I will happily consider a cheaper pair of cans if anyone can suggest a good pair for my needs.