• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Suggestions for DVD player with excellent Digital Audio (PCM)

MysteryMan

Having now established that my plan to feed digital audio output from a Med8er Media Player to my DAC/amp is unlikely to work, I turn my attention to identifying the best DVD player for the job in hand.

Basically, I want it for playing music DVD's and want top sound quality. I will be using the Coax Digital audio connection into a 2-channel DAC/amplifier combination.

The DVD player will need to output PCM @ 48kHz and I am guessing that this is pretty standard stuff and most players will do this.

My question is......are there some players that do it better than others or are they all much of a muchness?

Clearly, I am bypassing the player's DACs and have no need for a player that has put a lot of expense into fancy ones!

I have tried my Oppo 983 and that is my benchmark - I don't want it any worse than that, but, better would be good!

PS. Top quality picture is also essential (into a Pioneer LX-508)

jerrymac

Why not try to pickup an Oppo DV-980H from opposhop.com or crt projectors or maybe the classifieds here?

MysteryMan

Why not try to pickup an Oppo DV-980H from opposhop.com or crt projectors or maybe the classifieds here?

Thanks, but, still have the question...."are any DVD players better for audio when outputting PCM @ 48 kHz?"

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom