Suggestions for Dolby Atmos Home Theater

mildocjr

Novice Member
I want to upgrade my LG SJ9 soundbar (5.1.2) to a complete system. My price range depends on the financing available. I know about audio from an engineering standpoint, but nothing about current high-quality systems.

I'm okay with a full-featured soundbar with dedicated rear speakers that provide good sound quality but would prefer a system that delivers 7.2.2 or higher.

Current configuration:
Space Layout:
  • 13'L x 14'W x 8'H
  • 10' from couch to TV
  • No back wall (open floor plan and echo is not an issue)
Requirements:
  • Dolby Vision
  • Dolby Atmos
  • 7.2.2+ (stereo subwoofers)
  • Capable of 120hz video
Nice to haves:
  • Future add-ons (e.g., expandable or 11.x.x configuration)
  • AirPlay
  • HomeKit
  • 4 HDMI ports
  • Under $100/mo. financing
A few systems that I have looked at but have not been able to compare audibly are below:
The Sonos Arc sounded decent in Best Buy, but I couldn't get a whole setup experience. I'm deferring to the community to help point me in the right direction. There may be a worthwhile system that brings the performance for a better price.

I'm a big audiophile, so I can tell when the bass is too muddy, the treble is too tinny, or the midrange isn't clear. I opt for lossless over 320kbps because I like hearing all the details in the music. A setup that sounds amazing playing music but can still handle the deep rumble of explosions is ideal (but I'm sure everyone agrees). I'm not too worried about hitting the 19 kHz range, but the low 30-40hz range would be nice for the thumps of air.

I don't have close neighbors, so disturbing the peace isn't a problem. If you have any feedback on the systems above or one that I haven't heard of, I'd be interested in your opinions. I'm happy to provide any other information if I missed something about the layout or setup.

I've also done my best to remove affiliate links.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom