Suggestions for a purchase wanted

marty92

Standard Member
I need some quality suggestions for multi zone unit

I need:

At least 6 zones
At least 5 sources
IR or Ethernet control from any zone (IR would need to be zone specific code set)
Independent zones - different sources/tracks simultaneously

I want it all in one "box" to go in a centralised location
I don't want sonos

Hit me with your suggestion.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Russound and Sonance are the obvious sources of equipment satisfying your requirements. Another option is Control4.

However, none of these device are in the "AV Amplifiers and Receivers" category - they're for all-house audio, not all-house Audio & Video. Perhaps you just posted in the wrong forum? If not, please indicate your video distribution requirements and reason why you can't just distribute the sources around the house (you need somewhere to put the screen anyway).

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
An AVR is designed to primarily produce a surround sound in a 5.1/7.1 etc. configuration. They are not designed to be multi zone/multi room amps. If you want 6 separate zones then you are going to have to go for something like Mark suggests.
A centralised system sounds like a great idea but it can get complicated and costly quite quickly. A NAS with a streamer in each room (like Sonos) may provide a simpler, cheaper and more flexible system.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom