Suggestions for a new flatscreen as present for the parents

Buchailldana

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the parents a new tv for x-mas but dont know what to get. Something around the 40"size. Does anybody have any good suggestions.

:lease::lease::lease::lease:

Was looking t some LED's - it doesnt have to be 3D or anything like that, but does need to be good quality picture as they watch a fair few movies.
Also needs to have at least 1 usb port and 3/4 HDMI ports.

Damien

Anybody?
There will be no gaming done what so ever if that helps narrow down the search. Have been looking at the Samsung C5100 owners thread and everybody seems happy wth this model. Also is it worth going for 46" model.

Somebody must have some decent reviews on some the latest models out dere....

Hi mate,

Me (and my Ma and Pa coincidentally) have just picked up a Samsung 40C5100 from Currys for £549 (as in, I bought one for my house, they bought one for their gaff), and despite the fact I haven't had time to wall mount mine yet (that's a project for this weekend) it looks like its going to be a very good purchase.

From off the top of my head: 1080P, built in Freeview, 4 x HDMI, 2 x USB, super slim design (think its about 30mm deep), 3million:1 contrast ratio.....

Good connectivity, good picture quality, good price. Don't think you can go far wrong imo :thumbsup:

Dere does seem to be good reviews on it ok.. I was leaning towards the C6100 but now I think im leaning towards this model. Do u think it is worth the extra dosh to go for the 46"?? or is the 40" plenty big.

Moved to 'which TV' forum :)

Ok I think I have decided. I think I am going to go with the 46C5100. I know I originally mentioned the 40" but cant help thinking bigger is better.

If you think I am making a mistake please, please let me know before I go an place an order and reasons why along with other suggestions...

Ok I think I have decided. I think I am going to go with the 46C5100. I know I originally mentioned the 40" but cant help thinking bigger is better.

If you think I am making a mistake please, please let me know before I go an place an order and reasons why along with other suggestions...

Depends upon how far away they will be sitting and whether or not it will be for mostly SD TV?

If for mostly SD TV then have a look at the Samsung C580 and C650 40" TV's because they have very good upscalling of SD TV.

If it will be mostly SD TV then it might start to look a bit dodgy once you get to 46" on any make of TV,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom