Suggestions for a 3D-capable short throw projector?

Pyongyang

I'm looking to get a projector for the occasional movie night. Ideally I'm looking for something portable so it can be set up fairly quickly, along with a temporary screen. Idea being it's quick to set up and quick to pack away with minimal faff.

Not too fussed on 4K, HDR etc. Though what I definitely want to have is the capability to play my 3D Blu Ray discs. That's a deal-breaker, it has to have 3D capability.

Room size is fairly small, hence the wish for something short throw as I'd be looking to set up the projector about a couple of metres away from the screen but hope to get maximum screen size, certainly over 80" and hopefully 100"-ish.

I don't really want to break the bank on a projector. Cheap but very much cheerful and something I can purchase from an EU-based retailer due to the joy of Brexit and VAT if I ordered from Amazon UK for example. If I was setting up a dedicated home cinema room it'd be a different story. This is just literally for wheeling out a projector, chucking a film on for the family and/or throwing on 3D glasses and enjoying some 3D Blu Ray discs. I do have a Sony HMZ-T3W but that's only a solo experience and the 3D films can't be enjoyed by all.

Thanks everyone! :)

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
If you want to buy a projector and screen. I recommend you to buy the projection screen of my combination samsunglps9t and vividsorm. The effect is really good. I'm very satisfied with this home theater system. I'm sure you'll like it, too. As for 3D, I really haven't tried it, but I think it has a lot to do with the projector and the film itself
ur projector can't do 3D.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom