Suggestions for $1000 Surround Receiver?

BjornE

Standard Member
Reaction score
It's time to retire my Panasonic XR-55. I want to find something new that has at least the same audio quality and some new features.

What Receiver would you suggest based on the following requirements?
  • Drive 6.0 surround speakers
  • Bi-Amp front speakers
  • Not too much heat generated (It got to sit in a cabinet)
  • At least 4 HDMI input and one output.
  • At least 2 S/PDIF in.

Shoutcast support would be nice, but not required.

What would you suggest? What should I look for?

The Receiver will drive NHT 2.5 fronts, matching center and three NHT Super Zero at the back. The video will be sent to an Epson TW5910.

/Björn

This is a UK-based Forum.

For recommendations, you'd do far better posting on the US-based forum

AVS Forum

Why do you think that?

I posted my question there first, but one person there said this forum was best, because I'm Swedish.

Should I change $1000 to 6500kr?

/BE

Why do you think that?

I posted my question there first, but one person there said this forum was best, because I'm Swedish.

/BE

Where are you thinking of buying the receiver? UK prices differ to those in the USA and the EU and most prices are given here as £s in relation to prices in UK stores.

Well, I wil buy it where I get the best total price. I think the warranty will be valid in all of EU.

So what would your budget be in £s?

The best amp for your budget in the UK would probably be the Denon AVR3313. They sell for about £600 here and this is about half their original price. I believe Denon prices are different on the continent and more expensive than here in the UK?

Denon AVR-3313

You may still be able to get hold of a Yamaha RXA2010 if you can persuade a UK retailer to ship one to you? This would cost you about £750:

Yamaha RX-A2010 Aventage 9.2 network receiver - from Audio Express

Why do you think that?

/BE

That might have given some (knowledgeable) UK-based readers a clue to your actual location.

But, your trying to be helpful by giving your budget in $ would generally indicate a US poster to most readers; so you actually obfuscated your real location by doing so !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom