Suggestions for $1000 Surround Receiver?

BjornE

Standard Member
It's time to retire my Panasonic XR-55. I want to find something new that has at least the same audio quality and some new features.

What Receiver would you suggest based on the following requirements?
  • Drive 6.0 surround speakers
  • Bi-Amp front speakers
  • Not too much heat generated (It got to sit in a cabinet)
  • At least 4 HDMI input and one output.
  • At least 2 S/PDIF in.

Shoutcast support would be nice, but not required.

What would you suggest? What should I look for?

The Receiver will drive NHT 2.5 fronts, matching center and three NHT Super Zero at the back. The video will be sent to an Epson TW5910.

/Björn

BjornE

Standard Member
Why do you think that?

I posted my question there first, but one person there said this forum was best, because I'm Swedish.

Should I change $1000 to 6500kr?

/BE

dante01

Distinguished Member
Why do you think that?

I posted my question there first, but one person there said this forum was best, because I'm Swedish.

/BE

Where are you thinking of buying the receiver? UK prices differ to those in the USA and the EU and most prices are given here as £s in relation to prices in UK stores.

BjornE

Standard Member
Well, I wil buy it where I get the best total price. I think the warranty will be valid in all of EU.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The best amp for your budget in the UK would probably be the Denon AVR3313. They sell for about £600 here and this is about half their original price. I believe Denon prices are different on the continent and more expensive than here in the UK?

Denon AVR-3313

You may still be able to get hold of a Yamaha RXA2010 if you can persuade a UK retailer to ship one to you? This would cost you about £750:

Yamaha RX-A2010 Aventage 9.2 network receiver - from Audio Express

Why do you think that?

/BE

That might have given some (knowledgeable) UK-based readers a clue to your actual location.

But, your trying to be helpful by giving your budget in $ would generally indicate a US poster to most readers; so you actually obfuscated your real location by doing so !

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom