1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion on new PC based system

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by bcottis, Oct 14, 2005.

1. bcottis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi, due to a deal involving new kitchen and revamp of front room, I've been given the green light to install an entertainment system based around a PC.

I'm after a sytem to control the front room, office and bedroom. Rather than a seperate system in each room I'm thinkig along the lines of one PC and 2 thin clients. Main room of use would be the front room with an HDTV and surround sound requirement, the office and bedroom would be fine with just flat panal LCD and stereo sound.
    XP pro comes with 2 terminal server licences, so as long as I didn't use all 3 systems at the same time it would be fine, but not sure about which AV software to run. Sound is an issue as I'm not sure about one amplifier to control all 3 zones or seperate amplification in each room.

This is at the design stage at the moment so would appreciate any suggestions.