Suggestion for Sky+/HD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gers1978, Sep 4, 2007.

1. gers1978

gers1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Not sure if Sky have a dedicated suggestion scheme, or whether to just e-mail their customer service, but I'd like to see the following:

Set up profiles on the box (you, your wife, kids, etc), then when you go to record something you assign it to a name/profile. Would make it much better when looking at your Planner, you could filter by who recorded it. I'm not talking about something like the Xbox 360 where you have to sign in every time you turn on, just something that would let you assign a name from a pre-defined list against a recording.

Would also help with parental controls - each profile could PIN protect their own stuff.

One of my big annoyances with PIN control as it is is that it's "one PIN fits all" - for example I have an 18 year old and a 10 year old. I'd like to set it up so my 10 year old can't watch 15 or 18 or after watershed recordings, and can't book box offices. I'd like my 18 year old to be able to watch anything, but not book box officed.

At present I can't do it - if I give the 18 year old the PIN to be able to watch 18 movies, he'll also be able to use that PIN to book box offices.