Suggestion for 5.0 setup, please :)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bedowyn, Feb 28, 2014.

1. bedowyn

bedowyn
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So we are finally buying a house! And I have family room to build.

We are wall mounting a 65" and want to do a 5.1 discrete setup. I have a great Denon receiver and amplified sub, but my speakers are old and worn out. I can definitely do with an upgrade.

So I am looking for suggestions for a center, left, right and pair of surrounds. My total budget is $4-800, mixing value and relative quality. And because I want to wall mount, perhaps on a floating wall, I would like them to be wall mounted. Obviously, I want a set that is timber matched, and if there was a set sold all at once for a discounted rate, that would not be a bad thing. :)

My concern is that as I look around the internet, it seems like you have three options:
    - Small egg like speakers
    - free standing left and rights, or
    - book shelf (meaning boxey looking) speakers

Ideally, I would love something that was a bit leaner looking, perhaps a bit long and thin. Kind of like the center speakers are, but turned vertically. Someting a bit shallower than a foot deep would be nice too.

And yes, I know that aesthetics should not prioritize over acoustics, but hopefully I can have it all, with reasonable quality and at a realistic price. If you take a look at Groove's setup, you can get an idea of what I am shooting for.

HELP ME AV-Form-obi.... your my only hope!

(Thanks in advance)

2. Philip4242

Philip4242
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    With you stating your budget as '$4-800', I'm guessing that you are in the USA.

You'll probably find more appropriate advice on the US-based Forum

AVS Forum

rather than this Forum, which is based in the UK !

3. bedowyn

bedowyn
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right. My bad. Thanks mate.