Suggested Next buy for AE200?

HurleyFX

Established Member
Reaction score
HI again,
Now i have my Panyy AE200, i am wondering what i should buy next to improve the picture, as it seems to be alittle blocky on long distance shots ( close ups look ok)
At the moment the pj connects to either sky or dvd through a bog standard scart lead.
It is projected onto the free 6ft screen i got with the projector which seems ok, but having said that i havent got anything to compare it to ( no local showrooms have projection screens as i live in the sticks).
So what do you guys recon? leads/screen or something else ?
thanks again for your advice.

Traffic is a bit slow on the forum at weekends, (and it's holiday time.....) as you'll spot from a quick look at the number of posts here today.

Your next step is probably feeding the PJ via component leads (if your dvd player has component output) or may be try running dvds from a pc - the same powerstrip settings for the AE100 should work. Do some searching on how the Ae100 has been tweaked (lots of info here on that) for a start.

Sean G.

You could try a scaler like the Pro-V or Iscan Pro.

When fed from S-video the Pro-V produces a lovely crips picture on my AE100. I use mine for Sky.

Yep I agree, I`ve had my AE100 over a year now and it`s great through the pro

Usurper,

I dont have the seperate component outputs, would it still be as good if i plugged a component lead-scartadapter-scart socket?, if not i suppose just a high quality scart is my best bet?.

I'm afraid I know bugger all about the various flavour of scarts etc., so hopefully some other kind soul might be able to help you out regarding scart -> component etc. It might help if you say which DVD player you're using - there might be someone else out there with the same dvd player who could advise you.

Endorse the suggestion regarding trying out a ProV for tv stuff - an effective little box, and not too costly - less than £100, about £75 from the "hardware for Sale" forum, as and when they come up for sale.

Sean G.

If you live near kent I would suggest you phone av-sales.com and see if you can take your projector in and plug in the pro-v, briteview and/or Iscan....that's what I did. I decided on a Iscan Ultra. It's great to see the benefits before you buy.

FYI. I don't think you can get a cable that goes from scart to component. Something to do with the scart signal not being strong enough. You can buy a converter (which plugs into the mains). There are a number of companies that sell them...check out the forum sponsors. I wouldn't think you would see any benefit using one of these....unless you use it to feed a processor.

Thanks for the info, its much appreciated. I take it i will need several new cables when i get a PRO-V? all i intend to hook up through the PJ is sky and my SONY S536D dvd player ( i have a lead for my pc/laptop) i have read so much over the past 3 days i have totally confussed and bewilderd myself with regards to which cables are best for what :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom