1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggested NEC projectors?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Stinja, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,389
    I've got the possibility of a cheap NEC projector, however at the quality/price i was thinking of most everyone talks about HS10's or AE300s.

So are there any NEC projectors which match the quality of the above two? The LT75Z got a good review in a Home Cinema mag, but anything else? and how about up to £1500-£2500 range?

Thanks in advance...

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    iZed

If you read some of the threads below and/or use the search function you will see plenty of info about the HT1000 which is a hugely popular (and fantastic) pj. In a different league from the LT75Z.

And can be had for £2350.

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    See the thread that i started called Projector advice up to £2k which has some good recommendations in and comments on the AE300 v HT1000, also see Kramers NEC HT1000 review where he has compared it to the HS10. This should give you an idea of that pj anyway which can be bought from Nexnix as exdemo for £2,350:eek:

4. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,389
    Thanks, i have been reading threads as appropriate. If there was no woman involved budget would be higher, and i wouldnt be so hessitant about DLP projectors.

As is however :rolleyes: i'm not sure how she will find DLP's (unable to demo one so far, all LCDs) what with the possibilities of migraines from them, and her being susceptible in general to headaches and so on.

The HT1000 does seem well recieved, and 4:3 native might possibly be better than a 16:9 when playing games, as widescreen isnt always available as an option. I was wondering why no-one has mentioned any LCD NEC projectors, do they just not stack up as well as the oppersitions ones?

p.s. Room is 24' x 10'. So was thinking an 8' wide screen for 16:9, but this makes a 120" diagonal for a 4:3 according to ProjectorCentral's calculator! Too big?