1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggested cable for connecting analog projection TV and DVD player...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by D4rK_Pr1nC3, Nov 30, 2004.

1. D4rK_Pr1nC3

D4rK_Pr1nC3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've been reading for months now, and could not manage to solve this doubt.

I own a Toshiba HD Projection TV, it works internally with analog RGB cannons, ok. I'm currently connecting it to my Marantz DVD player
    with analog component video cable, and it really looks perfect.

I decided to try with DVI, so I bought a Monster M500DVI Super-High Performance DVI-D Video Cable,
    but the image quality didn't improve at all, it even looked worse. Then I realized that this cable is a 18-pin one,
    and that it only transfers digital signals, so now I'm looking for a DVI-I cable, which comes with 24 pin connectors
    and is supposed to transfer digital and analog signals.

Now my questions are,

1) Is it better to keep analog signals all the way (DVD player, component cable, Projection Tv cannons) or image
    quality should improve with d/a conversion (DVD player, DVI-I cable, Projection TV analog cannons). I concern about this, because of input
    calibration (I mean, maybe this TV is calibrated for better image with analog component video cable),

2) will the marantz DVD player DVI output, support a DVI-I connection?

3) the DVI output from the Marantz DVD player will upconvert the DVD signal from 480i to 1080i?

4) Is it worth all this mess? Or should I go on using and enjoying my actual set up with the video component cable?