1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggest Replacement for Phillips DVDR880

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jmcardle, Oct 16, 2004.

1. jmcardle

jmcardle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've just taken my DVDR880 back to Richer Sounds due to the No Disc problem. They are offering me a replacement as it cannot be fixed and it's under an Extended Warranty.

The Cambridge Audio DVD55 +rwi has been suggested by the Manager (I understand they own/used to own Cambridge). However, thought I'd throw it open to the experts as to what they would choose.

Main use is simply as VCR replacement and I'm not that interested in home videos. However, I do like Home Cinema and have a Denon AVR550 (if that's the right model no). Will also be upgrading the TV in due course. Not sure if either of these facts is relevant but thought I'd throw them in anyway.

Wold also consider adding some cash to the price I paid, so budget is up to £450 - 500 max. Might have to buy it from Richer Sounds so the range migth be restricted although I haven't checked th warranty to be sure.

Forgot to say that I'mnot bothered about +/- format (took me three weeks to get myhead round that when I first bought the Phillips :laugh: )

Any suggestions?

TIA

2. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer are doing the highly rated Panasonic DRM 85 for £399

3. jmcardle

jmcardle