Suggest cables for NEC Plasma

samraj

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have NEC 42VP4, and I would like to connect my Panny DMRE 100 (2 scarts + SVHS) & SKY(2Scarts). Pls suggest cables I need to buy to connect - Thanks. Currently using SVHS on Plasma.

get a scart to component bnc for the sky and a scart to component for the dvd easy innit

CPC doesn't have the BNC cable, I need Scart to 5 BNCs - suggest supplier

You need to run:

Sky Scart 1 --> DVDr RGB Scart in (Scart 2 IIRC)

first, to allow decent recording of Sky material. Then run to the plasma via an RGB to VGA or RGB to YUV converter.

The NEC is fine with RGB and sync. Scart to 4 BNC just like the ones in the box under my desk. PM me if you are stuck.

Historically, NEC screens haven't liked RGB very much. Depended on the source. I did have a talk with NEC technical who suggested that six million digiboxes were at fault!

I'd hope they've been improved, but my advice since has always been to consider the RGB to Component converter for interfacing digital TV.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

I'll vouch for John's RGB to component convertor with the NEC - exactly what I use for the Pace Twin and VP4 and the picture is lovely

JS can also supply BNC to phono adapters if all else fails. I use them to connect component lead to Fujitsu 5004.

Yes, we sell packs of BNC to Phono connectors. See the Cables section of my website for pictures. It's best to get a cable that's already fitted with BNC terminals, but there's really no penalty in using adaptors.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

Will there be a difference in picture quality if I use a SCART to RCA with syncblaster instead of going for RGB to component convertor. Appreciate your comments.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom