Quantcast

Suggest cables for NEC Plasma

samraj

Standard Member
I have NEC 42VP4, and I would like to connect my Panny DMRE 100 (2 scarts + SVHS) & SKY(2Scarts). Pls suggest cables I need to buy to connect - Thanks. Currently using SVHS on Plasma.

mikedown

Standard Member
get a scart to component bnc for the sky and a scart to component for the dvd easy innit

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
You need to run:

Sky Scart 1 --> DVDr RGB Scart in (Scart 2 IIRC)

first, to allow decent recording of Sky material. Then run to the plasma via an RGB to VGA or RGB to YUV converter.

symanski

Novice Member
Historically, NEC screens haven't liked RGB very much. Depended on the source. I did have a talk with NEC technical who suggested that six million digiboxes were at fault!

I'd hope they've been improved, but my advice since has always been to consider the RGB to Component converter for interfacing digital TV.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

RossC

Standard Member
I'll vouch for John's RGB to component convertor with the NEC - exactly what I use for the Pace Twin and VP4 and the picture is lovely

Stephen Wilde

Novice Member
JS can also supply BNC to phono adapters if all else fails. I use them to connect component lead to Fujitsu 5004.

symanski

Novice Member
Yes, we sell packs of BNC to Phono connectors. See the Cables section of my website for pictures. It's best to get a cable that's already fitted with BNC terminals, but there's really no penalty in using adaptors.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

samraj

Standard Member
Will there be a difference in picture quality if I use a SCART to RCA with syncblaster instead of going for RGB to component convertor. Appreciate your comments.

Top Bottom