Suggest a low spec "womans" game

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for xmas I would like to get mrs Craig a wee game to occupy her . .

She has a base level dell . . the general £400 one with onboard graphics and 4gb ram . . in red (she thinks that makes it better).

Loves farmville so im thinking some build a world thing .. sims?? She loves the puppy thing on the DS . . so anything like that for a pc?

Suggestions most welcome.

Bless her :rotfl:

CatZ (DogZ also available)
Catz 5 (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

The sim's, even the oroginal sims wouldnt be bad, you can get the Sims original entire collection for about £15 at shopto.net, when they come back online:
The Sims: Complete Collection (PC)
Obviously basic graphics so should run fine, includes stuff like building, family life, pets etc....but I'm sure you know that since they all held the top spots in the damn charts for so long each damn expansion....I love the sims, can you tell :cool:

Theme hospital maybe?

Farm Frenzy 3
Farm Frenzy 3 (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Just come idea's pointing you in the best direction I can find.

tris

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just get The Sims 2, it runs on anything post 2004.
Catz was a total stinker, avoid like the mange.

Im thinking sims 2 should do the trick. :thumbsup:

:laugh: @ the title

Plants v Zombies
Sims
World of goo
Rollercoaster tycoon- or other similar sim games
Portal

You class Portal as a womans game *** . . :p

peggle and peggle nights; braid; tumble jungle; Cogs; Escape whisper island; crazy machines; Balance to win; I know about these because i was loking for stuff to run on my samsung n130 netbook. so you will have no probs on a standard desktop.

I can second abus fine choices PvZ, goo and most definatley sims its got ingredient x form women in the way farmville does.
portal might struggle without decent graphics card though.

Last edited:
Nam lol :thumbsup:

Peggle in the steam sale. Plus you would enjoy it to, great game.

I bought settlers 6 the other day off amazon for under a fiver, and I have to say, it's a cracking little game. dunno if it would run on her system, or if it's the sort of thing she would like (assuming she doesn't already have it), so you might want to have a look at it.

for under 5 quid, you can't really do wrong.

also, the money you save compared to buying S7, which still has DRM related problems from time to time, you could buy her something else, make her feel twice as special.

Peggle and Sims 2 always please the ladies.... you can't go wrong with those two.

could get (don't believe I am saying this) a Wii?

I have to agree, my lady really likes mariokart, wii bowling all that malarkey. I know this is way over the price of an old game but it maybe the best choice.

i think there is a limited edition red console at the moment with wii mario bros. so you can tell her its a wii 'awesome red edition' or something :rolleyes:

I have to agree, my lady really likes mariokart, wii bowling all that malarkey. I know this is way over the price of an old game but it maybe the best choice.

i think there is a limited edition red console at the moment with wii mario bros. so you can tell her its a wii 'awesome red edition' or something :rolleyes:

:D

My other half likes the Monkey Island series, and funnily enough Unchartered on the PS3.
Or you could just go out and get her a rampant rabbit? Cheap, will last a lot longer and no need for upgrades. You probably wouldn't see her much though ;)

Suggest a low spec "womans" game

Washing floors
Cleaning dishes
Vacuum cleaning (can sound allot like playing an xbox 360)
Dusting
Ironing

All the above are very low spec and can be done with general household items. :smashin:

Washing floors
Cleaning dishes
Vacuum cleaning (can sound allot like playing an xbox 360)
Dusting
Ironing

All the above are very low spec and can be done with general household items. :smashin:

do not forget the Wii Fit when there on there break after doing the above:)

Sims 3? Much more entertaining than Sims 2 :) And they've got new expansion packs out for Sims 3 out now as well.

How about the CSI games, Hard Evidence/Deadly intent etc. If likes the progs will certainly enjoy the games. Will run on anything. My sis played a few of them.

Modern Warfare 2
Red Orchestra

Or you could just go out and get her a rampant rabbit?
At least when i want to get on the PC i could say "Go fudge yourself" with love rather than the usual bile.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom