1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sugestions for connecting all my gear to rear of 3802 please

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mick23, Jun 8, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have denon 3802 i have connected to the rear as follows
    cd to cd phono (cd has only coax connection ,and i am using coax on 3802 for dvd)

dvd to dvd coax

minidisk to cdr/tape on optical1

cassette deck to vcr2/aux phono

vcr to vcr1 by phono

using this set up i only have tv/dbsand the vdp sockets free but wish if possible to connect a tv sky digibox and another satellite reciever, but there are not enough sockets or a way to assighn all my gear, can i use the vdp socket to connect one of the items above.

is there a better way for me to connect my gear to denon as there is only 1 coax connection , sat reciever (not digibox only has optical link)

2. Me

Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    all inputs on the 3802 can be used including the vdp socket. Why not run one sat unit through the second, then into the amp. Simply assisign the inputs on sat 1 correctly. You could run the sat box through the vcr. Alternatively just plug the two remaining units into the two spare sockets. Sky box does not need a digital input.You can also Y (split) the coax digital input, but remember you can not use two units connected to it at the same time.
    Mark

3. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks me satbox and vcr are run through one another to tv digibox is just conenected to tv i was wondering if i took phono output from rear of tv to say tv/dbs on denon would all sources eg digibox/vcr/satellite when viewed be in pl2 through the denon might make life easier/