Suddenly the 360 looks sooo old

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by eternaldark, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Not wanting to start an argument here but glad i hung off for the PS3

With everything confirmed for the ps3 and the HDD/blu ray etc if they can launch for £299 doesn't it make the xbox look like old news.:devil:

No HDD as std, no HDMI, No HI-Def DVD, oh dear

2. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    it would probably be old news by the time the ps3 does come out.it will probably beupto the xbox720 by the time the ps3 comes out

3. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,175
    :rolleyes: :boring:

4. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hmm, I am in the fortunate position of being able to afford a PS3 whenever it comes out, and currently own a 360 [I have also bought every console offering over the last few years to see which is best for my needs, PS2, PSP, Xbox, etc etc so no allegiance either way]

But your closing statement just comes across as someone with their head buried in the sand I'm afraid

Doesn't the Premium come with a HD ?, HDMI offers absolutely no performance benefits over component [and will effectively restrict content], and with a simple inclusion of MCE2005 on a suitable PC or laptop you can easily stream HD content

Might also add I have been enjoying my 360 experience since early December, so how can you compare a console which is going to struggle to hit the streets before the year is out ?

If your intending to stick with an inferior PS2 till your PS3 arrives aren't you depriving yourself of some tennable enjoyment ?, Oh dear indeed :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone will start a war over your thread, as even the most diehard of PS fans will be just a sad as me that the launch has been delayed, but hopefully they will resist the temptation to throw some mis-directed agression towards the competition.

5. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    This is kind of the key statement here. If they can launch it for £300 then Sony will be taking one hell of a hit, and it will indeed provde competition for the 360. But I've got to say my 360 doesn't look old in the slightest mate, I'm gaming in HD, and it's fine. :smashin:

6. m1ket

m1ket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    HDD not stnadard but optional, HDMI and High def dvd what do they have to do with games:lease:

anyway i look at it slightly differently i am a gamer and will buy both so why wait a year for next gen when ive has it since dec 2006

7. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    The Xbox won't look old, the PS3 will just look like a let down once people realise the games won't be any better. ;)

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. dannius

dannius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    I think it's amazing how people dismiss a console so easily. I'm not loyal to Sony or Microsoft (in fact i've got a soft spot for Nintendo) but the 360 is a fantastic machine.

Some of it's features such as wireless controllers as standard, the ability to turn the console on and off from your sofa, Media Centre functionality and Live Arcade are truly advancing the future of games machines. It certainly won't look old by the time PS3 comes out.

And that's not mentioning the advantages of HD gaming. :thumbsup:

I really think that anyone who waits a year for the PS3 just because it's a Playstation is missing out. I may well get a PS3 when it comes out (when.....) but I am already enjoying the next generation of games right now!

10. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Well Said

LOL no way is PS3 going to be £300 blu-ray players are going to retail for £450+ so I dont think the console will be cheaper then that also if say us dollar price is 600 you know the uk will be £600 its always the way

11. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Simply the fact that the 360 will be on 2nd/3rd generation architecturally optimised games, compared to the baby steps of 1st generation games will actually translate to 360 games looking emphatically better than ps3 games on ps3 launch.

Not to mention halo 3! :eek:

12. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    You just gotta laugh :rotfl:

13. DarkEntity

DarkEntity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    Said by someone who really hasnt done their research ;)

14. gur

gur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having owned the previous playstations I have to say the Live side of things really is done well on the 360. I honestly can't see sony getting their equivalent up and running this year.

15. AVRocky

AVRocky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    This is the kind of garbage that has become a symbol to me of PS owners everywhere, sorry but it has. Further posts like this just keeps me thinking about it..and boy does it frustrate me.

The first time i heard the term "fanboy" i immediately thought of comments like this, always made by PS fans. Microsoft Xbox owners always seemed moderate or didnt even post cos they were playing their 360.

I've said once before and i'll say it again, "PS owners do themselves no favours or Sony by acting like little teen girls falling in love for the first time when they see PS3 stickers on books"

16. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    ....theres also the fact the ps3's desgin is terrible and the controllers a joke. The xbox i've got to say looks fantastic. Wasn't a fan of the ps2 or orginal xbox's design that much but M$ got it right 2nd time round

17. Inked

Inked
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,486
    Plus you shouldn't dismiss the fact that by the time PS3 launches MS will have released larger capacity HDD's there is likely to be a HD-DVD add on for current 360's and later 360's are likely to ship with HD-DVD as standard.

Also by November when PS3 hits the shops MS will probably announce a price reduction to help hijack Sony's sales.

As for 'confirmed' specs on PS3, I'd take them with a pinch of salt (anyone remember the PSX)

I will personally not be buying any HD-DVD add-on for my 360 as I intend to get a stand-alone player, but will certainly buy a PS3 to give me the best of both worlds in terms of games and movies

18. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading that the PS3 is not capable of doing what the 360 can do by having a dashbaord of some sort, which can be accessed at the touch of a button during whether you are playing a game, DVD or CD where as the playstation won't be able to cope with this sort of performance It does leave me wondering what the PS3 can do aswell as being a Crappy but expensive next gen DVD Player.

19. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    yep people dont notice the little things like that xb360 you can listen to any music during your games that and the dashboard do take up lot of resources so it show the power of the xb360

20. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Enjoy the wait :) and will be telling your joke at the Christmas party this year, some one might actually have one by then, 1 million units for a world wide launch sheesh enjoy the wait

21. SAH

SAH
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Silly thread title, but some 360 owners seem a little too quick to dismiss the PS3 with a multitude of if's, but's and maybe's.

From what I've seen it looks great.

If the 360 has a HD DVD drive by the end of the year that will also go my shopping list.

22. Eddy.

Eddy.
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Someone doesn't read the PS3 forum often.

23. Kahled

Kahled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I'd rather be playing and enjoying "old news" for best part of a year than settling for repeating the mantra 'its going to be better when it comes out' for all those many many weeks and months.

Fine, if the PS3 turns out to be the wonder machine it's supposed to be and doesn't cost a fortune then it will sell but seriously what is the point of this? Might as well start comparing PS3 and the next XBox or Nintendo (+1) who will also offer improved hardware specs and long wait times before they can be bought.

Sure the 360 could be better and offer more but it's surely better to be playing good games now in your front room than the only alternative being to play chase the rainbow.

24. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Seems like his little troll worked quite well, judging by all the folks willing to respond to such wibble.

Regards

Mark

25. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly

26. jedi-jae

jedi-jae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just two things:

One - HDMI is a better connection than component, HDMI is digital, the other is analogue.

Second - how do posts like this get onto the forum? Shouldn't there be a zero tolerance to [email protected] like this - please Mods, delete this rubbish.

27. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    ]]

i guess your a ps fan and not a xbox fan enjoy your long wait for you ps3 :smashin:

28. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    in theory yes. but I struggle to notice any difference when swapping from a hdmi dvd player to a dvd on the 360 through component.

Toshiba sd350e player, toshiba 32wlt58 TV, Xbox 360 console.

what TV do you have, out of interest.

29. jedi-jae

jedi-jae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    But to be fair, a DVD isn't hi-def.

I'm only quoting from mags and stuff that "rate" the various connection options, at the moment the preferred connection for HD is HDMI, second is DVI, then component. I know there's not a lot in it and you could say I'm nit picking, but HDMI is considered top dog, I don't think you'll find anyone "in the know" that would disagree.

It's the same with audio, if you can connect your DVD player with an electrical connection then do, second go for optical, then the standard analogue cables.

My tv? I have the Hitachi LD7200.

30. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    there are plenty of people who disagree that hdmi is better than component, just check out the dvd forums on here, but they're using £1500 DVD component players compared to my £60 hdmi player to be fair.

personally i think HDMI has come too soon, but once HD takes off it'll really start to shine.

I've never been able understand why M$ chose Component over HDMI for the 360. Maybe they reason that relatively few have tv's with HDMI?

PS3 with HDMI has always been a big plus for me over the 360 which is why i'll probably get one depending on cost of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.