Suddenly can't use USB HDD

eg7

Novice Member
I have a WD USB HDD attached to a Panasonic DMR-BWT 850. All well for about 5 months. Don't know if it's a coincidence but after an error code U88/Panasonic self recovery I can't access my recordings on the USB HDD or make any further transfers from HDD to USB HDD (2TB - less than half full) as it's telling me the destination capacity is 0.

Panasonic seems to recognise it as registration 1 - let's me safely disconnect/reconnect but nothing else.

No problems with the Panasonic recorder, all working as it should be - except in respect to the USB HDD.

Tried the USB HDD in another Panasonic recorder and it did as I expected i.e. told me to register it to that machine but I didn't do that as that would mean formatting and all my recordings would be permanently lost.

Can anyone help advise how I can get it to all work again/not lose my recordings? Please note I am not tech savvy so I ask that your answer takes this into account. Thanks.

Fred John Dough

Novice Member
If there is nothing on the usb it is gone as Pan asonic don't want you to record.
ALL sensitive recordings should be backed up to blu Ray from both USB and hdd in future sorry you learned the hard way.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom