• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sudden loss of Freeview signal

SCOTTHUGHES74

Standard Member
For the last 3 months I've had a TV, DVD recorder and Virgin Box configured to receive both cable TV and Freeview (the latter of which I watch/record from via the DVD recorder). It has worked perfectly up till now but this week I have lost my Freeview signal. Having checked all my connections, I have tried rescanning the digital channels, and now it's not finding any, so I'm convinced it must be a signal problem. I'm in London W4 - anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened?

scribbler101

Does analogue still work?

Neighbours?

radioredcat

Try a rescan with no aerial in when it's finnished plug the aerial back in rescan again.
If possible try the box on a different aerial such as a freind/neighbour failing that is a case of checking your aerial

andy

1doug1

Standard Member
Definitely try a re-scan- I had a similar problem - the TV said that no signal was being received and a re-scan did the trick.

Ian C.

I lost all channels last night and still off this morning.I have had
the odd occasion were they have disappeared or got mixed up but I
think this could be the tv this time.Went to add channel Dave+1hour:suicide:
located the channel,when I pressed for the next stage the
screen went blank.Now I cant even rescan at the moment as after I
press menu/set up/then when I press digital set up it goes back to a
blank screen.Its a Sony crt and since I had it occasionally for some
reason the speakers turn off and its doing that more often now.Any
chance I can sue Davetv:devil::rotfl:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom