Sudden loss of 4K streaming on Disney +

Jimbo435

Standard Member
I know there has been a couple of similar threads already, however, none appear to relate exactly to my issue. For some complete unknown reason, I am all of a sudden unable to play any 4K content on Disney+. I press play on any 4K title and a message pops up and says ‘Something went wrong. Please try again. If you continue to have issues, please contact Disney+ Subscription Support.‘ However, all content in HD plays perfectly fine.

The strange thing is that I could play 4K titles previously (I’ve been a Disney+ subscriber since the UK launch) and this has just occurred this last week for no apparent reason. I access Disney+ via a 4K Amazon Firestick plugged into a Samsung JS8500 TV and I haven’t changed any of the settings on either Firestick or the TV. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the Disney+ app on the Firestick but that hasn’t fixed the issue. I’ve also changed the Firestick display settings from Automatic to 2160p60 and that hasn’t rectified it either. However, the 4K content plays all perfectly fine on the Disney+ app on my iPhone and iPad.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is causing the issue?

Jimbo435

Standard Member
Yes, that all worked so it was just a Disney+ issue. However, I’ve now managed to rectify it by clearing the ceche and data on the Disney app and unplugging the Firestick. Not too sure which part of that resolved the issue, but happily I’m now able to stream 4K on Disney.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom