Sudden change in audio on Sky and Samsung

FlyingSi

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung UE32F5000 LED. It's connected to. Sky+ HD box via one HDMI port. I have an HDMI splitter connected to another port which is connected to an Amazon Fire stick and an Apple TV.

In the last few weeks I've been watching TV on Sky when extra audio appears over what I'm watching. For example, earlier this week I was the news at 10pm when the suddenly there was audio from either BBC Asian Network or the Red Button service. The audio for the news was still there but it was quieter. I had been using text shortly before but had come out of it.

Again, tonight, I was just watching the rugby on 972 (BBC Wales) when the audio quieted and another audio feed appeared. It's just happened again whilst watching the cricket and the audio appeared to be the BBC Three looped trailer advertising that it was now online.

When I change the channel on Sky, the audio remains, ie., change from 101 to 315 and the same annoying audio appears over the actual channel audio. The only way to get out of this is to switch off the TV.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? HDMI? HDMI splitter? The TV going down the pan?

PS. If any moderator things this should be in another board, please feel free to move it. This seemed an obvious place as its about digital tv...

Have you tried the Sky+HD box in a different HDMI input?, tried temporarily removing the splitter?

I suggest removing the TV from power for at least 15 minutes to reset the micro - to eliminate that as a possible cause of problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom