• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sudden bad picture on Sky+ box

wraahel

Standard Member
I've had my Sky+ box for a couple of years, however all of a sudden I seem to be getting an annoying, 'banding' effect on the picture. It's hard to describe, but basically looks like this:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dujf9i.jpg

Essentially, rather than colours blending smoothly you get large blocks - it looks awful. I've pretty much pinned it down to the Sky box - DVDs look fine (so the TV's ok) and I've changed the scart lead as well as altering the AV input and output from the box.

Any idea what's causing this and if there's anything I can do about it?

Any advice appreciated.

Ta. :)

JayCee

Distinguished Member
To be honest it looks more like a Tv video processing fault than anything to do with the Sky box.
The odd picture exhibits a "solarisation" effect and as I say is more likely to be a fault in the set...have you given the fault enough viewing time on other sources to completely rule out a fault in the Sky+ box?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom