Sucess with Cat 3.4's

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rhinoman, May 30, 2003.

1. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I managed to make it work:D

I uninstalled the 3.2's and control panel and cleaned the registry, uninstalled Powerstrip and then rebooted, reinstalled 3.4 driver and rebooted, reinstalled 3.4 control panel and rebooted. Reinstalled Powerstrip and rebooted. So far so good.

Applied the custom res for my HS10 and rebooted and got a black screen, its definitely losing sync, unplugged the HS10 and connected a TFT 1076*768 screen, same black screen. Then I tried an old 21" CRT via the DVI/vga dongle and rebooted and it booted fine.

Went into the control panel and selected the 1368*768 res and hot swopped the cables for the CRT and HS10 and the HS10 came up straight away. Rebooted and now all is well.

PQ on the 3.4's doesn't look any different to me, the only advantage is in the control panel allowing the overlay in clone mode if you need the feature.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you got it sorted, but..

Not a good idea to "hot swap" a DVI connector (assuming you mean the PC was running) - very high risk of causing damage to PJ or PC.

Just a little advice for other HS10/DVI owners :)