1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Successor of Arcam AVR200?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by vanwel, Feb 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I want to buy myself an AV receiver in the near future. At the moment I have an Arcam DV88+ and an Arcam A85.
    I'd really like to stick with Arcam and the AVR200 would be a logical choice for me. Forget the expensive FMJ amp/poweramp/preamp and whatever, because that's to expensive. 'Whatever', because I'm pretty much a newbie and don't know how all that stuff works. Especially the 'processor' device is not really understood by me. Don't know what it is really.... An integrated AV receiver would be the best for me, probably.
    But! The AVR200 seems to be a little outdated, missing some features and all. Does anyone of you know if there will be a new, improved version available anytime soon?

Thanks!

2. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody? Anybody at all... (Falling Down ;))
    But seriously, does anybody know? And even if you don't, could you please point out the (dis)advantages of the AVR200 to me?
    I'd hate to buy it and be frustrated afterwards when it becomes apparent that it misses all kinds of fancy features!
    As I said before, I'm not in home cinema yet and the only things I 'know' are DD en DTS. All other specs are still completely beyond my comprehension!

3. sr78

sr78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Actually a processor would be more attractive for you, since you already have an integrated amplifier. If you buy an integrated AV amp, you'd be wasting two channels of amplification in the A85.

However, processors are expensive...

My advice: be patient or buy an inexpensive AV amp, which you could hook up through the pre-outs with the A85.

4. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only affordable processor I know is the Yamaha DSP-E800, but it's also showing it's age.
    I'll probably go for a Yamaha RX-V630RDS or a Sony DB1080QX.
    However, I'd really, REALLY like an Arcam.
    So please, c'mon, someone must have at least a tiny bit of information about a successor for the Arcam AVR200? That would just be great!
    Mr. Dawson perhaps? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

5. vanwel

vanwel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, it will be the AVR300 early 2004 then?

6. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95