1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Success @John Lewis

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Parvus, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Parvus

Parvus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Got a little concerned reading all the 'will they/won't they' JL treads. Have been holding out for a HD screen and finally chose the 37" PV500.

Did a quick search on Kelkoo, best price at the time was from 'Hiway HiFi' at Edware Road, Pedestal version for £1900 with delivery. Phoned 'Hiway Hifi' to confirm they had a UK store and had the screen was in stock. Phoned JL, gave them the details and after a couple of days they've agreed to price match :thumbsup:

Received the receipt yesterday morning saving £444 + DVD player, JL's original price:

Screen £2195
    Stand £149
    Free DVD £229
    + Delivery and 5 year Guarantee

Well chuffed, screen being delivered this Friday :rotfl:

Thought I'd let everyone know 'Hiway Hifi' could get you a result... Goodluck

2. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    congratulations mate! :smashin:

3. Anderzander

Anderzander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have got a price match from JL. They said they would pass the undersale form down to the shop floor so that I could go and collect it.

I've since been told though that I should receive a letter in the post with a reference number on it? No letter has appeared though, so I need to ring them on monday.

What happens normally?

Steve

4. hertderg

hertderg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading post after post on this forum I too also took the plunge and purchased the 37in pv500 from JL - the prices you quote are the prices that appear on the JL website and the store in Newcastle. Hope you also asked for the free pack of dvd-ram discs ;)
    Mine too is comig this Friday - took the day off to set it up and play with it.

cheers,
    HD

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hert,
    did you get a pricematch at JL Newcastle?

6. Crazy Paul

Crazy Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup i ordered mine too!!

£2249 PV500 42" with DVD recorder. I had success after exchanging emails with them, then some helpfull bloke called me Friday to let me know the state of play.

The person I spoke to said he actually was responsible for the Trafford centre deal, so I have him to thank!! He said they have had loads of people calling regarding the PV500 deal, I said AVforums was where all the info was exchanged, he said he had been on here.

:smashin:

7. hertderg

hertderg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No m8 - I just rang them for conf of prices and they quoted me the same deal as the website. Once I got to the shop though they tried to get out of giving me the dvd recorder and discs as they said the offer had ended in June - stuck with it and got them in the end

:smashin:

8. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well dun hertderg,

i tried a few times with no success just for the hell of it,each time it was the same answer no, excuses vary tho,quite funny some of them :)

they must have a book of excuses :rolleyes:

9. Anderzander

Anderzander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got sorted today - a Pioneer pdp435FDE (inc speakers and stand) price matched to richer sounds

:-D

splendid !!

10. e_python

e_python

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any more success stories?

I am still failing to get a PM on 42PV500 in London. What am I doing wrong :rolleyes:

They always come back with a pathetic excuse from their excuse book. :nono:

Even though my request is usually based on info from people who have manged to get a PM. :lesson:

So currently which is the best competitor to quote? I need 42PV500 (preferably with a wall bracket). :lease:

11. waran

waran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think HiFi Confidential is the best price at £2175 for TH42PV500 with wall bracket.
    JL are difficult to deal with, even thou I got it at that price I am struggling to get one for a friend at that price because JL's excuse at the moment is that they do not know when they will be getting stock, and only when they know they are getting stock will they do a price match.
    They recommend my friend places an order and when they do get stock they will do a price match, or else my friend can cancell the order if the price match is not succesful.

12. e_python

e_python

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did the same.

Mine is with them ready for delivery.

I just need them to do a PM, pay and it will be delivered.

Which is the best company to quote for pricematch, at the moment?

13. waran

waran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Personally I think Hi fi Confidential, but there may be better deals out there.

14. bkny

bkny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will JL pricematch hifi confid and throw in the free dvd player? if so sounds like the best deal out there at the moment, if not 2249 pricematch to trafford JL is £80 more nad you get the DMRES10 dvd recorder for free.

Personally I will just pricematch trafford JL as it'll be too much hassle ding hifi confid

15. waran

waran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The free DVD recorder is a JL offer when you purchase 42PV500, so yes you will get the DVD as well, and also the wall bracket and the 5 yr warrenty.

16. e_python

e_python

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  17. waran

waran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4