1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofers choice

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by iaria, Oct 30, 2004.

1. iaria

iaria
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    In your opinion wich would be the better choice of subwoofer, BK XLS 200, op Velodyne CHT12R. I know the Velodyne costs twice as much as the Bk Xls, but is the difference in price worth it??
    Thank you in advance
    Gerry

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Diminishing returns will come in here. The Velodyne certainly won't be twice as good as the BK in line with the price jump but it will be better.

I havn't heard the Velo myself so can't make any qualitative comments so really it's up to you to decide how much you want to spend and maybe someone else who's heard both. :)

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Not being rude but your speakers seem to be a bit of a hotchpotch and the rears are from a bygone pro logic era and aren't really suitable for modern 5.1 soundtracks.

In my opinion you would be better off buying the XLS 200 which is a very good subwoofer and spending the money that you have saved on upgrading your other speakers - especially the rears, as that is the way to get the best overall improvement in sound for your money

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,192
    Have to agree with Ian on this one, for the best overall improvement in sound quality that's what I would do.

5. iaria

iaria
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Ian and Phil, I have been thinking about my rear speakers for quite a while now, but I coulndn't find any that would fit snuggly on the corner of the wall like the Canon do. I will be going to What hif show on sunday and I will be looking for a pair of rears (speakers that is)

Gerry