subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Chorea, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Chorea

Chorea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm just about to buy a new speaker system but it doesn't include a subwoofer. I only have £150 left to buy one should i wait till i get some more money and splash out on a more expensive or buy one now??

without a subwoofer how much does it affect the dolby digital and dts performance??

Cheers

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A decent sub will be £500+.....if you can live without one till then do....it will be worth the wait.
    If not, plenty of budget subs out there £50/£150....Yamaha YST 205....£140 for one..!

D/D as you know is 5.1...........the.1 being the seperate channel that carries the bass, without a sub the only bass you will get is what your speakers are capable of.........if they don't go low enough it will sound thin........only you can be the judge of that..........!!

3. Chorea

Chorea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've just bought the eltax liberty speaker system the sales guy was trying to get me to buy the liberty a10 sub does anyone know if this is any good i know its only £150 but is it worth it??

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Get the sales guy to demo the system with the sub and then ask him to switch it off and see what difference it makes.

Don't be pushed into buying something that adds no value. A decent REL will set you back £450 at a discount but keep your eyes peeled for a second hand one.

5. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Look second hand if you can.

I paid £450 for my Rel Q150E at Xmas but managed to buy a mint Q100E for £95 yesterday! (I'm just hoping the former proves to be better!)