1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by arrif, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrif

arrif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the chance to buy a q100 for 350 pounds as i know this model is now discontinued. I have also auditioned the q150 but felt overall their was not that much difference between the q100 and q150. I felt the q100 sounded better in the depth mode. I have heard the q100 and feel it is a very good sub any other users of the q100 can you please advise. What i want to know is, is the q150 able to go much lower than the q100 as i am interested in the depth mode and not the slam mode. I have a pair of b&w 604 which are quite bass heavy but i am looking for a sub to fill the really low end gap.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated

2. Joe Abbeywood

Joe Abbeywood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a MJ Acoustics Pro 50 and can only say that all the reviews are spot on. Take a look at their web site (www.mjacoustics.com) and read some of the testimonials. I auditioned almost all subs in the price range from £200 to £700 and found the MJ Pro 50 to be the best value for money. Its cheaper by almost 50% than that of the REL Q150 and it sounds better too. The finish is true class in satin black. Better than the impossible to wipe clean REL rough finish. Also the REL had some unwanted HUM on the output - Not good and ts £500- not for me.

Auditioning I found was best done in the sought of setup found at a Sevenoaks Store and your ears will lead you together with the sales staff. Beware though that salesmen always try to impose the addage that the more you pay the better it is. NOT SO with the M J Acoustics Pro 50. Unless you have a really large room the Pro 50 is just perfect.

Go Buy an MJA Pro 50 £299 and I know you will be as happy as I am. Or if bigger turns you on then audition a MJA Pro 100 which has twin 8"drivers and blows the Strata III away and its £599 WOW!.
    Good Luck!

Joe Abbeywood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.