subwoofer

psalliss

Established Member
Reaction score
ive got the kef eggs, and am not very happy with the sub. just doesnt sound right, i want something thats punchy and is good for a wide variety of things from music to movies. any suggestions for a good sub to compliment my kef eggs

HI I have the kef egg package and was not happy with the bottom end. Upgraded the sub to a rel q200e. What an improvment no boom or hand just fast articulate bass and very easy to blend in with the eggs. The whole sound has a lot more speed and openness. Don't think that the eggs were relitivly cheap so you don't need to spend money on a sub. The eggs are very good but only down to a certain frequency. Buy the best sub that you can. Try to demo some and see what you think.

flamingoboo said:
Upgraded the sub to a rel q200e. What an improvment no boom or hand just fast articulate bass and very easy to blend in with the eggs.

Or a BK XLS200 at less than half the price of the REL offering.

If you have the original eggs there were complaints that the supplied sub was a bit weedy but the version supplied with the mark 2 eggs is supposed to have cured all of those problems and I haven't noticed any complaints.

I wonder if you need to play around a little more with the setup and placement of the sub as a few inches either way can make quite a big difference to the sound.

Or the Kef ps2500. Meant to be a vast improvement over the standard egg sub.:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom