Subwoofer were to put it

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by willyboy1978, Aug 9, 2012.

1. willyboy1978

willyboy1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a 4 metre by 3 and half metre room with couch at back of room am about to order the mt60d package with the 1200 quid sub

We're is the best place in front room to put it is it best behind my sofa ?

WAS GOING TO PUT IT NEXT TO TV NEXT TO NEIGHBOURS WALL AS THOUGHT THEY MAY GET ALL THE THUD ANY ideas? Please help its just so I order right length of subwoofer cable thank you

2. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +692
    If the subs any good then your neighbours will feel it no matter where you put it.

If you can you need to put it where it sounds best for your listening position,

though there is a train of though that it should'nt matter where it goes as lfe is no directional you will have to work out the best phase for your room if it has the control on it

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    I also would not get the B&W sub as it is well over priced for its performance. You will get better performance and a much lower price with a BK Electronics sub (like the xls400 or Monolith).
    I would stick it by the TV to start as it will be no more likely to annoy the neighbours there than behind the sofa.

4. willyboy1978

willyboy1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How much are they. I was going to go for the full b and w package with e m1s and the pv1d sub I know it's dear but it says it's the best in what hifi

5. willyboy1978

willyboy1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Am I just paying for the name or is b and w mt60d really the best for 2000?

I want small stylish and good sound from satellite speakers an good sub

6. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    The M1 satelites are good for their size but the sub is a waste of money IMHO. A Monolith is around £500 and will be better to be honest. For the cost of the M1s you could also look at the Monitor Audio Apex (or maybe even Shadow) range which are very good as well. I would not pay too much attention to what 'What Hifi' say to be honest as they are not the most reliable source of information. You really need to go demo a few options in your price range and then pick the ones that sound best to you. What receiver are you looking to get?
    Even if you did go for something like the Apex I would still get the BK sub as they are good value for money.